Chevy Chase Club Customs &Traditions
The following information is provided to make your visit to Chevy Chase Club an enjoyable one.
General Club Policies:
- The use of cell phone and PDA's is permitted only in the privacy of an enclosed automobile.
- Club rules do not permit tipping except to caddies and parking attendants.
- Children under the age of nine must be in the care and control of an adult at all times while on Club grounds.
- In accordance with the Maryland State Clean Indoor Air Act of 2007, cigarettes, cigars and other lighted tobacco products are prohibited indoors and at outdoor dining spaces. The use of electric cigarettes or other similar devices are also prohibited in these locations.
- The north gate is entrance only. The middle gate is exit only.
- Cars must be parked front-end-in to avoid damage to plants and shrubs.
- General parking is permitted on the skating rink surface during the summer. Due to weight restrictions, sport utility vehicles are not permitted to park on the skating rink.
- Upon arrival, please check in at the front desk located on the left as you enter the main doors of the Clubhouse. The front desk staff can assist in transporting luggage to your room if needed.
- Check-in time is 3 p.m.
- Check-out time is noon.
- Guests have full access to club facilities with certain guest fees applying. Bradley House guests are not permitted to entertain other guests during their stay.
- At all times - No jeans, collarless shirts, swimwear, bare feet, bare midriffs or hats.
- Before 6 p.m. - No sports attire except in the Tap & Card Rooms.
- After 6 p.m. - Maryland & Terrace Rooms, Drawing Room & Sun Porch:
- Jackets, collared dress shirts and trousers for men and ladiesí equivalent for women.
- Jackets are not required from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Tap and Card Rooms: Country Club casual. Golf and tennis attire permitted.
- At all times - No jeans, collarless shirts, swimwear, bare feet or bare midriffs.
- At all times - Country Club casual. Golf and tennis attire permitted.
Winter Center, Winter Center Patio & Bowling Green
- At all times - No swimwear, bare feet or bare midriffs. No hats inside.
- Upper Level - No collarless t-shirts.
- Casual and sports attire permitted, including jeans.
- Members and guests attending private functions or special events on the second floor of the Clubhouse should adhere to current club policies for dress in those areas, which require jackets and for men and equivalent dress for ladies.
- Hats must be worn "visor forward" in all areas of the Club.
- Attire should be tasteful and reflective of the Clubís conservative traditions.
- Appropriate workout attire (no torn clothing); no bare midriff. Members must change in and out of clothes in the locker rooms.
- Spikeless shoes (soft spikes) required. Men: collared shirts; (Short sleeve mock Tís are not permitted.) Women: ladiesí equivalent. (No jeans or short shorts.)
- Appropriate swimming attire; clothing must be changed in locker rooms. Swim attire may not be worn on Club grounds other than to and from the Pool locker rooms.
- Tennis whites with minimal color accents, tennis shoes, ladiesí fashion T-shirts, and menís collared shirts.
The Club shall not be responsible to members or guests for loss of, or damage to, their property in the Clubhouse or on the Club grounds.